Chinese-Forums

Chinese names written in Chinese, please

atitarev

Would you mind writing 3 names in Chinese for me?

An1yin1 (is it a first or last name?),

Yu4long2 (a name of a hotel)

and Ben4 (?) - there was no tone mark in the book but it sounds like the 4th tone

The last one is probably just an English name, if so, how is it written in Chinese?

I saw Yulong with different but I need with 4 and 2 to match the pinyin textbook I have. If there are many versions, which one would be most common.

Thanks in advance.

For the first one, it's should be a first name; howerver, it's really hard to tell the names in Chinese with only knowing the pronuncation. Too many characters used in names have the same pinyin, even the same tone.

I agree with Rain_in_beijing about the left 2.

Thanks to all who answered. I am only asking for approximate and possible writing. These people are not real, they are from a pinyin textbook, I am typing the text in Chinese hanzi but missing people's names. I don't want to put in pinyin words with tone marks/numbers, I prefer to put in a possible Chinese version. Because I am a beginner, I may put in something funny or inappropriate for a person's name. That's why my request. Please help, I might post more Chinese names. I nearly finished with the textbook, though.

Does anyone know a source/link for Chinese FIRST names? Dictionaries have last names but it's hard to find more info on first names.

P.S.

I am using "Teach Yourself Beginners' Chinese" - a great book but with one disadvantage - there are no Chinese characters. I almost finished entering all dialogs that appear on CD (21 lessons altogether, I am up to 20).

Does anyone know a source/link for Chinese FIRST names? Dictionaries have last names but it's hard to find more info on first names.

You can find a list of common firstnames here. But please note that the list is based on firstnames of high school graduates in Taiwan. Names used by people on the mainland or Hong Kong might be different. If you want the pinyin of the names, there are many online tools that can convert them for you, like this -> http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php

Also note that ->

Chinese names are interesting in that there are virtually infinite given names and a relatively small set of family names.

BTW, yu4long2 could also be 裕隆, 譽隆, 御龍, etc ...

You can find a list of common firstnames here. But please note that the list is based on firstnames of high school graduates in Taiwan. Names used by people on the mainland or Hong Kong might be different. If you want the pinyin of the names' date=' there are many online tools that can convert them for you, like this -> [url']http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php[/url]

Also note that ->

BTW, yu4long2 could also be 裕隆, 譽隆, 御龍, etc ...

Thanks, all. I've got many suggestions for Yu4long2 but nothing for An1yin1 . Can it be 安阴,安因,安音? Also doesn't look right for Ben (it sounded like 4th tone, not 3rd), maybe I am wrong. Please don't think it's a useless task to find characters by names. I spend a lot of time matching pinyin to proper characters and learning words.

Thanks for the link. Yes, no problem - I can convert simplified/traditional and backwards and characters to pinyin using NJStar and Wenlin software, no need to go online for this, I can do it on the train when going back home.