Chinese-Forums

Chinese songs to sing at Karaoke

bmw_f1_power

Hi everyone, I'm in Beijing right now studying for the rest of the month at BLCU. I am with a program and we like to go to Karaoke. We are going to go back later, and I want to learn a few songs to sing then. Can someone recommend some songs that are popular, male vocal, and probably available at karaoke? Please give song name and singer.

Thanks,

David

I haven't done it in a while, but I think the definitive funny-laowai-singing-karaoke song is still "Duimian de nvhai kan guo lai" by Ren Xianqi. (especially if you do it in a cutesy voice like the original) Pinyin lyrics and translation at http://www.powersugoi.net/tingdong/song.php?song=150

English-language songs are pretty widely available, though, and the popular ones are likely to be just as well-known as Chinese songs, so there's really no need to memorize a lot of Chinese ones unless you feel like it.

I've done Duimian de nvhair - I'm not sure if it's that much of a karaoke classic, but it was big when I was first in China so I happen to know most of the lyrics. You also get bonus points if you mime harmonica playing during the harmonica solo :oops:

Roddy

The thing with English songs is that you won't find any Radiohead or Pear Jam, so make sure you brush up on some Platters and "Don't cry for me Argentina". As to Chinese songs, it really depends on what music you like. The next step after duimian nvhai kanguolai is a rendition of 张宇's 爱情条约, with a little dance a-la Ricky Martin.