Chinese-Forums

Check out my friend's Free Chinese learning software!

kelan

Hi everyone, I am a Cantonese speaker who try to learn Mandarin Chinese, and recently I tried my friend Chris's software (he's developed it while he is learning Chinese, and it's shared as an open source now), it's pretty cool. It does not has sound feature yet, but it works pretty well for me to learn Mandarin characters and etc.

The software is available at:

http://zdt.sourceforge.net

Hope it helps you too!

Amme

http://zdt.sourceforge.net

--an open-source Chinese learning software

This software looks really great. I have a question, however. Is it possible to have it work with traditional characters? I checked the "Traditional Mode" under the Edit menu, but it still doesn't seem to annotate any traditional characters.

Also, is it just me, or does anyone find that you can't enter the letter "c" into the address bar? I have to copy and paste all my URLs into the box instead.

rcxAsh: the program currently doesn't support annotation of traditional characters. However it's definately something on my todo list. The other problem you mentioned is most definately a bug and not just you. :) It has been fixed and will be in the next version.

Prodigal Sun: which mirror are you using to download? I'm not sure if there's anything I can do about the slowness of download speed, but sourceforge does have 3 mirror sites in asia (2 in japan and 1 in taiwan). If you haven't tried them already, hopefully one of them will be faster.

Thanks guys for the feedback.

Chris