Chinese-Forums

Help me communicate with women

Prodigal Son

Hi, this is my first post, and among the most important reasons for me really making the effort to learn Chinese.

I work in clubs DJ'ing so I travel constantly. Most of the women I meet are in clubs, which is in fairly stark contrast to my usual routine in my home of Los Angeles.

I'm not really looking for pickup lines per se, but just some things to say to get conversation started. I know how to introduce myself, say hello, ask how someone is doing, and so on. Essentially the basics, and no more.

I get stuck too quickly - usually have a really brief and more or less fruitless conversation and then meet with them and do something fun together later or the next day.

So tell me, if you approach and meet people in a public place, what are the kind of the things that you say to get the conversation moving?

Are you Chinese?

When you say you travel around do you mean just within L.A., the U.S. or even around the world?

If you travel around the U.S. or just L.A. then it doesn't make sense that these women can't speak English. It makes more sense for you to speak Chinese as a conversation starter then use English afterwards, unless of course you're Chinese.

Are you Chinese?

When you say you travel around do you mean just within L.A.' date=' the U.S. or even around the world?

If you travel around the U.S. or just L.A. then it doesn't make sense that these women can't speak English. It makes more sense for you to speak Chinese as a conversation starter then use English afterwards, unless of course you're Chinese.[/quote']

For the record, he's DJing in china, and is not Chinese. :wink:

I get stuck too quickly - usually have a really brief and more or less fruitless conversation and then meet with them and do something fun together later or the next day.
If you are meeting up with them for something fun later, you must be doing something right.

If you are meeting up with them for something fun later, you must be doing something right.

Frankly, that gets old after a while. I'm in clubs every night. I'm not an idiot with women, I just suck at Chinese.

I'd really like to be better at communication. Do none of the other foreigners approach and talk to other women in clubs or bars? What's your routine?

• 2 weeks later...

if you're in a club the music will prolly be too loud to tok about the price of tea in china anyhow. Just give her the "do u want a drink" sign. Although, make sure she doesnt interpret this the wrong way... the outcome might be hmm.. good or bad depending..muw ha ha ah ha :mrgreen: