Chinese-Forums

Showing up on their doorstep?

woliveri

Hi all,

I'm considering an academic year at BLCU or BNU (Beijing Normal University) for Chinese language studies. However, I see posted "latest date for registration". I'm thowing this together and if I can do it I'll be arriving on or about the time semester starts. Would anyone think this would be a problem? If I arrive just before the academic year starts would they still take me in?

What additional problems might I have?

Thanks

Bill

If they've got a place they'll try and squeeze you in, I'm sure - business is business. However, you are looking at two of the more popular schools in Beijing, and I think you will want to have a fairly solid Plan B.

Other problems - if you don't have an assigned place you're going to be coming in on, presumably, a tourist visa. To get enrolled you would need to change that in country. I'm not sure how difficult that is, but it may be an issue.

Have you contacted either of the schools at all?

Roddy

It's too late to apply for Beijing Normal University. Despite of all my preperations I unfortunately applied one day after the deadline, and they were strict, no exceptions... As far as I know the deadline for BLCU is in the middle of August.. But contact them anyway..