Chinese-Forums

"Certificate of No Criminal Conviciton" questions

Steppenwolf_27

• New Members

Hello,

I'm planning to go to China to teach English and I have a few questions about the local police clearance (CNCC) that American citizens need to obtain. I had two misdemeanor DUI convictions in another county about 15 years ago.

1. What, exactly, is a local police clearance?

2. Will these DUI convictions show up on a local police check? They will show up on an FBI check, but the guy who interviewed me told me that I don't need an FBI check, I just need a local police clearance.

3. If so, is that going to be a problem?

Also, I have a substitute teacher license and I'm employed in two districts. I had to do fingerprint scans and background checks to get my license and to to get hired by the districts I work for. The DUI convictions did show up in the DOJ background checks they ran on me, but they did not prevent me from getting a substitute teacher license nor did they prevent me from getting hired. Could that be of any help?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Have you started applying for jobs yet? If so, just ask the potential employer what kind of background check they need. Probably the easiest way to find a definite answer. Knowing China different schools in different cities and provinces might think they need different things anyway.

If it they say local and, in the U.S, this means a state one not a federal one... Then just get that.

If you need the check that shows these two DUI's it might restrict your chances of getting a visa. They probably don't care about what it is or when, just that you don't have a clean record. Anyway to get rid of these? If it's been 15 years and it was in another country