Chinese-Forums

Please help me translate my tattoo

Linz

• New Members

So I was 17 grieving my dad and thought the best thing to do was get a tattoo to memorialise him.... Young and stupid I trusted the tattooist. 9 years on and I literally have no idea what it says. Please could someone translate it for me. I have little faith it has anything to do with my dad!

Luckily I have a sense of humour and I'm prepared for it to be something ridiculous or the tattoist favourite dish off the menu!

Thanks in advance Linz

post-65756-0-11460100-1472042353_thumb.jpeg

As far as I can tell, they're not proper characters. Closest I can make them into is four characters arranged with the top two vertically and the bottom two horizontally: 西业彳命. Though that's not quite right either.

The other possibility I can think of is that they're Japanese-only characters or variants.

Looks like 亞倫 except an extra stroke on the left of the second character and some other minor irregularities.

If it is 亞倫 then it's a tranliteration of a Western name like Allan. Perhaps your dad's name?