Chinese-Forums

Where's the Quote Button Gone!!!!!

roddy

I took it away, it's not a bug. If you want to quote someone, copy the relevant text into the reply box, select it and hit the speech bubble button. Simple.

Why? Excessive quoting is one of my pet hates, and I think it makes the board look messy. I removed the quote button from the original phpBB install a year and half ago (roughly) but it reappeared with the vBulletin changeover. Only just got around to re-removing it.

Complain away . . .

Roddy

• 2 weeks later...
Excessive quoting is one of my pet hates, and I think it makes the board look messy. I removed the quote button from the original phpBB install a year and half ago (roughly) but it reappeared with the vBulletin changeover. Only just got around to re-removing it.

I guess you can't just rely on people to delete the irrelevant passages from the message they're quoting. :-? Anyway, lucky for me I know the quote tags. :D:wink:

Quest's Quote:

Oh I so need that quote button.

No loss for me.

Roddy's Quote:

Why? Excessive quoting is one of my pet hates, and I think it makes the board look messy.

Also bugs me when there are heaps of quotes.

Glenn's Quote:

guess you can't just rely on people to delete the irrelevant passages from the message they're quoting. Anyway, lucky for me I know the quote tags.

Also can use them Glenn, but prefer not to (usually).

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...