Chinese-Forums

Graded Readers for Chinese Language Learners Series: 500 - 1200 Characters (BLCUP)

Mati1

• 1 year later...

I am happy to announce that the remaining level 2 books have been released. In addition, the first eight level 3 books have been slowly coming out in the second half of 2017.

Since I do not want to wait 6 - 12 months to be able to buy something when I want to support the producers, I have asked my a friend in China to get some for me. At the time she was able the get four level 3 books online. As it turned out the availability was still very limited; she received the four books in three packages spread out over two months or so. She then proceeded to send me a standard (budget) package and it only took two weeks to arrive.

At the moment I am reading the last of my level 1 books of this series and so far I have enjoyed all the books. (I know, I should read more often.) I hope that I will also enjoy reading level 2 and 3 that much.

I am still excited about this series because it gives us (together with the other well known series) a path up to an intermediate level (or close to it, depending on your definition).

(OP updated.)

Have you looked here?

https://www.purpleculture.net/reading-materials-c-1_101/?page=1&sort=2a

They're in Hong Kong, accept Paypal payments (you don't need to have a Paypal account to use Paypal with a credit card) and shipments by air mail take about 2 weeks. 

You can click the Ask a Question button to check if the books you want are in stock.

Thanks Luxi for mentioning purpleculture. I did not know that they are based in Hongkong. I can see that they have level 2 listed, but no level 3 books yet.

I have only ordered books from a Chinese book shop once, it was from http://www.studychineseculture.com/. They are based in Beijing. I guess both shops would be willing to assist you in getting new books which they do not have listed yet.