Chinese-Forums

L-visa?

TheWind

again, not really an issue, more of an inquiry.

I read that you can get a 10-year long L-visa with multiple entries.

can I work part-time with this?

Does this mean I could go to china for 10 years without having to renew anything?

Do I need a residents permit?

What will I need to do (visa wise) if I find a full-time job?

many thanks

I think you can safely say that you can only work full or part time with correct visa.

Working is working - part time or full time.

If its a tourist visa that's it, all you can do is be a tourist.

I would go to the website of your country's embassy and find out the exact information you need.

I don't think you could get a residents permit unless you have a work or study visa.

This is all I know, its fairly basic, but it is what I have gleaned from the many visa topics here on the forums.

Does this mean I could go to china for 10 years without having to renew anything?

Agree with 889. I have one of those (American passport.) Even though I no longer need a new visa each year, it's not terribly convenient in that I must exit China 出境 every 60 days for a new visa stamp 盖章。(I used to be able to exit and re-enter every 90 days, back when I had a one-year visa.)

I've always used a Z-visa in the past, but I've also always had full-time jobs. The exception was when I was in university on a student visa, and worked part-time. 

I originally learned about the 10-year L-visa from a guy who has been using it for 8 years...while working. Do people do it often? Is it illegal? Is this an action that will get you deported & banned from the country?