Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Accommodation subsidy for CSC students

Guest Karina

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody!
I am looking for some advice about off campus accommodation subsidy in Chinese univerisities. The CSC says that if the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly/quarterly accommodation subsidy:
undergraduate students (preppies), master’s students(general scholars): CNY 700 per month;
doctoral students (senior scholars): CNY 1000 per month. 

In my university a lot of students are living outside the campus, but the international office don't agree to pay the subsidy. I wrote an email to CSC, but I would also like to hear from some students who are getting the payment from their universities.


Thanks a lot!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

@LinZhenPu: To be fair, rents are dirt cheap if you don't live in Beijing or Shanghai. When I was living in Beijing, I couldn't picture myself sharing a room with a stranger. More so, I found the dorms to be pretty dirty and packed with foreign students. Not the kind of experience I wanted... 


I'm applying to SU this year and will definitely live off-campus if I get the scholarship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • New Members

I'm interested if anyone who's been to Beida/PKU has been able to get this subsidy!  The website states that


'Those who cannot stay in the universitys student apartments due to personal reasons, can seek off-campus accommodation themselves, if approved by the school beforehand. They then can apply for a compensation for accommodation.'



But it doesn't specify what 'personal reasons' entails...my contact at PKU international office hasn't been particularly helpful in answering questions either...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...