Chinese-Forums

Website to translate chars into pinyin

silverwofl0

Is there a website where I can paste or link a site with characters and translate them all into pinyin? I've tried Rikia where I have to highlight one by one but I need something that does the whole page or a whole text. I have lyrics to a chinese song that I want to sing to but it is in all characters and I want to read it in pinyin. Thanks in advance.

Thanks a lot. Adsotate works wonders although I somehow can't get the tones to print out on my printer, just the pinyin and characters. On a related question, is there possibly something like this for Cantonese pinyin/romanization?

Apart from a few online converters there are offline programs that can do this job very well.

These 2 can convert to pinyin with tone marks or tone numbers. NJStar tone marks are not easy to copy into other programs but no problem with Wenlin.

NJStar Chinese WP

www.njstar.com

Wenlin

www.wenlin.com

If you google you can find macro code for MS Word to convert pinyin with tone numbers with nice tone marks.

HanConv converts not only to Pinyin but to Jyutping and Yale romanization for Cantonese.

www.icycloud.tk

• 2 weeks later...

actually, here's a nice page that will do some great translating. well, doesn't really translate, just provides pop-up boxes for the chinese chars. but those boxes contain a hell of a lot of info, pinyin for trad & simp, cantonese pronounce, and japanese too. check it out!

http://www.popjisyo.com/WebHint/Portal_e.aspx

Just enter in the Chinese page you wanna view, select the language converstion to Chinese --> English. And woala, mouse over the chinese chars for the pop-ups. :mrgreen: