Chinese-Forums

Phone surveys in Chinese

Zhende ma?

Hey everyone, my former job pulled me in to help them with some surveys they are doing with Chinese companies over the phone. I have spoken on the phone many times for various reasons in Chinese so I feel I have the language skills to do this.

However, I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any "format" or ettiquette when one does a survey or phoney survey in Chinese. Anything I should say or do in particular? These surveys, for company purposes, are blind and impromptu. Any feedback is helpful

通常我们会这听到这样的电话调查开场白:

小姐/先生,你好。我是XXX公司 / 机构 / 组织的职员,想对XX情况进行了解 / 想做个简短的电话调查,能耽搁你几分钟时间吗?如果你暂时没空,请问什么时间会比较方便?对你的帮助我们将不胜感激!

Thanks!

"不好意思,我沒時間/興趣。 Bye Bye." is my usual response to any phone survey calls, unless there is some sort of incentive. So tell the respondent what he/she will get (e.g. souvenirs) right at the beginning. :mrgreen:

Many people claiming that they are conducting phone surveys are actually trying to sell you something. This is one reason of my reluctance to respond to such phone calls. And some of those callers are really stupid. They would say, "這調查只須大約15分鐘". 15 minutes!!! Also, once you have responded to one such phone call, somehow the survey company will keep calling you. :twisted:

And do not call mobile numbers when conducting surveys. It is considered a nuisance, especially when the respondent is overseas and is being charged the hefty roaming rate for your survey call.