Chinese-Forums

Can someone please check my trasnlation?

valeryb

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am French and I am learning Chinese. Can someone please check my trasnlation?

这是西藏尼木县塔荣镇雪拉村藏纸世家第三代传人次多在村头 藏纸制作现场折叠刚刚晒干的藏纸

On the outskirts of the village of Xuela, close to Tarong in the Tibetan district of Nimu, a third generation of an old and famous family is just (刚刚) folding the sundried Tibetan paper.

One more thing, what does "狼毒草" mean in 主要原料是一种叫 狼毒草 的有毒性的野草.

Ref: http://news.163.com/05/0708/11/1O4SMJS20001125G.html

Xiexie

V

A. This is Ciduo folding tibetan paper.

B. This is Ciduo, a third generation of an old and famous tibetan paper producing family of Xuela Village, Tarong Town, Nimu County of Tibet, folding tibetan paper.

C. This is Ciduo, a third generation of an old and famous tibetan paper producing family of Xuela Village, Tarong Town, Nimu County of Tibet, folding tibetan paper at the tibetan paper factory at the end of the village where the paper has just been sundried.

You can tell from the original that 狼毒草 isn't commonly known, as they explain it as 'a type of poisonous wild grass called 狼毒草' - Either translate it literally, or use pinyin, I guess.

Roddy

what does "狼毒草" mean

Here is an article which mentions, among other things, the making of tibetan paper.

Across the stone pavement before the main entrance, at the foot of a green hill decorated with clusters of prayer flags, old and new, a group of women were busy straining paper pulp from a cement sink.

The pulp was made of a weirdly named local plant called Chinese stellera (Radix stellerae) which is pliable and tough, and slightly poisonous, to keep rats and worms away.