Chinese-Forums

places to buy chinese movies for cheap?

taiwaneseguy1146

Don't use yesasia.com if you can (only use them if you can't find what you're looking for from anywhere else). They have a great selection, but their prices are rather expensive. For buying movies in bulk i usually buy from hkflicks.com or asiandiscs.com. They have similar prices to yesasia.com, but they have deals for buying in bulk and they have very quick shipping. If you're looking to buy 1 movie at a time, then go to ebay.com. They will almost always have the cheapest prices around, and you'll be able to find a larger selection there (however, it is always best to know the name of the movie you're looking for before going to ebay.com).

If you look for a movie on ebay, look at buying the movie from a seller with a 3000-10000+ rating (and good feedback percentage). These are usually businesses that have set up internet shops on ebay. Here you can find movies for 1/2 the price (or better) than they go for on other websites and stores. I have bought many movies for $6-12 (including shipping/handling) from ebay that I couldn't find anywhere else at that price, or even remotely near that price. I have been buying some wuxia serieses lately and have paid $30-40 less than what they are selling for at yesasia.com. Ebay is one your best options. And, if you buy it from certain dealers with a high rating, the shipping is usually 1-2 days. :)

My last suggestion is going to froogle.com and typing in the title of the movie. Then search by cheapest-most expensive. This will do a quick websearch of the cheapest movies listed at websites throughout the internet. You'll be able to find the cheapest movies this way, but be wary of buying them from questionalbe websites.

Hope those suggestions help... they've worked for me so far, and have saved me a lot of time and money.

Youshen

It depends on what you're buying, how much you buy, where you live and whether you care about buying bootlegs or not, and if we're talking about eBay, whether you want to use a PayPal account.

For the past three years or so, I've been using primarily yesasia.com, dddhouse.com and layoyo.com.hk as my primary online etailers for a variety of reasons: a combination of service, security, shipping fees and selection. Those in the UK, Europe and Canada also have to worry about things like customs and the occasional seizure, too.

Try Soyodo.com. They just opened a store about a 10 minute walk from my home in San Francisco. DVD prices all seem to be about $1.50-$2.00 US. They also have outlets in Sunnyvale and Monterey Park, California, as well as Shanghai.

My stepdaughter bought a bunch of movies from them and says the quality is very good.