Chinese-Forums

Testing embedded audio...

roddy

Ok, so the above is a file I've uploaded to the server (thanks, Apollys!). And that seems to work fine, so you could use that for audio files where you know the location. However it's bad form to do that if it's not your file. What happens if we upload a file via the attachments system

332467.mp3

I can embed it as a text link. But how do I get an uploaded file to be playable...

taxi.mp3

That was an old one, still only a text link. So grab the attachment id which is in the format:

//www.chinese-forums.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=16528

Insert that into the audio player pop up...

Oh, is that working...

Ha, you can upload an audio file and make it playable! It's a little tricky as you have to find the "attachment.php?id=16528" url by inserting the text link and then editing it, but it's a start...

Anyone who uses the autoplay option gets frowned upon. See icon on the toolbar (won't be on mobile, etc). To edit an existing player edit your post, hover over the... don't know what you call them.. the arrows at its top left you use to drag it.. and CTRL+right click

9 hours ago, roddy said:

However it's bad form to do that if it's not your file

I have a query where my teacher did not transcribe exactly what she said from my recorded lesson. Is it ok to post that and ask opinions?

That's fine, I think. I was referring to, say, someone posts an audio file on their blog and someone on here links directly to it so they don't get the visits and we're using their bandwidth (which is much less of an issue than it used to be, but it's still bad manners). 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplatetaxi.mp3 boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate boilerplate