Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China
  • Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
Clarabelle

HSK 4 Written scoring

Clarabelle

I was wondering how they mark the written section of HSK 4 namely:

Where you have to rearrange the sentences in questions 86-95 if you get them in the correct order but the writing of the characters is sloppy do you still get full marks?

Can you get full marks questions 96-100 where you must write a sentence to go with the picture if you write a simple sentence or would you have to use more impressive vocabulary? I was thinking I could maybe learn off a few pat sentences and insert the given word and picture.

Thanks

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Qiaonansen

Hi Clarabelle,

The best way to improve your writing score, since you have no idea what the topic will be, is to practice generic essay writing transition words, phrases and patterns. For example: however; not only... but...; even though; despite; in spite of; in addition to; regardless; first, second, third...; and so on.

Also, master common Chinese verbs.

Finally, master as many sentence patterns as you can, such as: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnX0acWn-qBSQzgD9g1oWsxABrWaOI0QN

I hope this helps.

wcon

Hello Clarabelle,

I don't know what the official HSK policy is, but my writing was very sloppy in this section of HSK 4, and yet I received a fair amount of credit.  I think if they had marked off for incorrectly written characters, then I would have received almost no credit.