Chinese-Forums

Family visa for children over 18 years old

Nina Harding

• New Members

My father is  going to work for university in China. (from 2017 Aug) he will get the Z visa.

And for the matter i am also going to move to China and live with him.

According to the Chinese visa rule, children under the age of 18 can request an S1 visa, but I am over the age of 18, is there any family visa i can get for children over 18 years old?

• Like 1

I work at an international school and when our students turn 18, they have to get some documents from the school saying they are still attending our school in order to extend their residency visa. However, they have to go through the process before their birthday and they have to have a valid residency first. I'm guessing most of our students' parents are on Z visas, though some work at consulates. Though some have parents who are citizens so they're probably on Q visas. 

The students who don't qualify for this have to do visa runs every once in a while, which can be a problem as they may be turned away at the border. We've not had any students turned away in my time here, that I know about.

Will you already have finished your high school studies? Are you planning to enroll in language or other studies at a university?

Eion

• Like 1