Chinese-Forums

Work visa for an Indian citizen

Dhinesh Rajarathinam

• New Members
Dhinesh Rajarathinam

Hi,

I am a citizen of India and my passion is towards teaching English for the people in need. When I was in search for it, I found China to be a better place. Unfortunately I don't have a bachelor's degree as I am a dropout. I didn't completely my engineering in computer science. When I enquired with some middle agents in China, they said that without a degree, a human from a non-native country cannot get a work visa without a degree. And they also added that, it is because of the recent changes in the permit laws. 

Is this true? Can't I work in China as an English teacher? Or is there any way for me to teach in China?

Thanks,

Dhinesh Rajarathinam

No chance. You might get illegal work, without the correct visa, teaching in a badly-run school, but that's it. If you *really* want to do this, look at other locations, or get back to uni (say you finished your degree, got a TEFL qualification, then looked for work teaching English for computer scientists - then you might get somewhere). 

Couple of notes

1) The visa and employment regulations for China are very changeable, and usually getting tougher. Don't start a three year plan to get to China and assume the rules will be the same when you're finished. 

2) I understand you might have been writing quickly, but if you're sending in job applications with that many mistakes in (  completely my engineering;  middle agents;  a human ) you won't even get considered except for the worst schools.

• Like 3

• New Members
Dhinesh Rajarathinam

Thanks Roddy for pointing out the mistakes and helping me understand the situation for acquiring a work visa in china. As you said, I was in a little hurry to post this topic. Thanks again.

Dhinesh Rajarathinam 

• Like 1