Chinese-Forums

陳 明 / Chen Ming ?

laolee

Anyone familiar with a singer named Chen Ming? I came across some old downloads I had on my hard drive and one was a song of hers. It's sort of a lilting folk song that's quite catchy, the tag says it's from 1997. I've seen a few CDs listed at yesasia listed under the same name but don't know if it's the same person.

Can't say familiar, hm, when I saw her name I thought of one of her songs right now, the title is "快乐老家" may be? It's popular several years ago, I still can recall some lines of its lyric: 跟我走吧, 天亮就出发, 梦已经醒来, 心不会害怕. 有一个地方, 那是快乐老家......

Well, I just know her name and a few songs of hers, she is a good singer and quite famous years ago. I'm not anyone's fan, if I heard a good song, I would just listen to it again and again, but wouldn't try to know more personal info about the singer. Here're another two Chen Ming's songs that I like:

One is 夜玫瑰

Another is 寂寞让我如此美丽

I had trouble with your links, either my PC or my bad Chinese, or both. But I went to baidu and found versions of both songs. I really like the Night Rose(?) song and style. The other one was a little too much toward the pop side for me during the second half of the song, or maybe I found a different version.

Now, I also went and found a few more Chen Ming songs that I'm now listening to: Escape/逃, Happy/幸福 and It's You/为你 (?)

Thanks, again for all your help!!

Chen Ming's Best Fan

Do you happen to have any other of Chen Ming's songs?

She was very popular since 1996 until around 2002. She stopped singing for a long time: 4 years. She just released a new album on her birthday. That was in July 2004. She's prepared to release another new album by the end of September this year. Her latest album is called 让爱情优先 Let Love Be First

快乐老家 Happy Old House (I'm translating literally) was a popular song that came out first in 1997 in her album 仙乐飘飘. It's very nice to listen to that such catchy song, even if it's 8 years old. It'd be great if it can become a "classical" and be treasured for the time to come, along with some of her other better songs.

If you're interested in taking a look at her songs, here are the must listen ones -

为你

天使飞进你梦里

远空的呼唤

昨夜下了一场雨

忘不了的雪

陪你走过一生一世

恋爱

蓝色的船歌

红颜知己

怎么才能停止想你

浪漫的星星

寂寞让我如此美丽

半个月亮

夜玫瑰

快乐老家

轻轻的海风我的心

我要找到你

Recommended:

金玉良缘

冷暖人间

等你爱我

曾经快乐过

让爱情优先

情花

相信你总会被我感动

There are some other good ones as well but some may not be as good as the ones above.

Best Fan, thank you for the additional recommendations!

Yesasia has two of her albums and they have many on your list, so I will definitely pick it up. For the others, maybe I will check and see if baidu has them. :roll: Interesting about her stopping singing. I assume you will be getting her next CD? If so, please remember to report back here :) How did you like the latest one? Is it still similar style? In general, I like the simpler arrangements, not so over produced, just voice and piano with less orchestration. Call me old-fashioned, I guess.

Chen Ming's Best Fan

Yesasia has only 2 of her CDs? She has many many CDs. I think her first album (or third as some put it), is the best. It's called Angels Flying Into Your Dreams (sorry can't type Chinese on this compuer). It's my favorite album of hers.

Baidu has most of the songs but some songs are ridiculously hard to find on the Internet. You can't even find songs like Romantic Stars on the Internet.

She stopped singing because she wanted to find her own "happy old home" and now she even has a baby. By the way her latest album is I think dedicated to her baby or something. I might get her next album.

The latest songs of hers are in general modern rock in style. But the style's different from the songs in her other album. Her style changed over time. Her Angels Flying Into Your Dreams album can be best described as soft Western-style pop. Her next one For Youis also the same style because it's mostly a remix. Her next album (Xian Le Piao Piao)which includes Happy Old House has a different style. It's pretty much pop/ethnic/folky. Her next one is a dancing version of her most popular songs at the time. Her next album is mostly songs she sang with other famous singers and most of them are movie theme songs. The next one I think is an album called Happy Old House and it's a remix of the songs in Xian Le Piao Piao except they added Loneliness Makes Me Beautiful and Waiting For You To Love Me (a new song) and took out other songs. Her next one, Happiness the style's more like Asian pop. Her next album Tears of Pearl is more like Western pop/jazzy/undefined. Her new one is modern rock. I'd say it's much like other songs by more popular artists.

Best Fan, what a very helpful guide. You are a big fan! The two albums yesasia has is the Happy Home, probably the second remix one you mentioned and a DSD CD that looks like a compilation with some overlapping songs with the Happy Home CD. Chen Ming has a song on a couple other collections but that's all I found. That's a good enough start for me. I listened to I Am Flying (? likely mistranslated) on baidu recently, I very much liked that song.

Thanks again for all your information and also to Quiet Sunshine, too.