Chinese-Forums

肖丽莎 - Name introduction

chinesekitten

In our next class, wie have to introduce our Chinese name in class, but I don't really know how to do it, so I wondered if somebody on here could possibly help me out.

So my Chinese Name is: 肖丽莎 (I hate it and it doesn't have any meaning or anything, but well...) and the only really clear one to me is '丽', because I can just say 美丽的丽.

But what about the other ones? I thought maybe 生肖的肖 and something like 草头莎 (I really don't know about this one).

Thanks for everyone who tries to help! :) 

Another option to spell a name is to spell it with other people's names. Only works if they're famous enough, of course, but I used to have a colleague who spelled her surname as 袁世凯的袁, so this can work. For your surname, you can start here for inspiration.

And of course if you don't like your name, the earlier you change it the better. What would you like your name to say? Perhaps someone here can help.

• Like 1

• New Members

I would like to say, “莎士比亚的莎” or "蒙娜丽莎的莎”. Spelling name with others' name is really a effective way! "草字头的莎” also makes sense, but I don't prefer that. Seems like a little bit old-fashion. Anyway, it's because the radical of "莎” is "艹”, which is called "草字头". 

• Like 1

• New Members

BTW, generally,  “丽莎” is the phonetic transcription of “Lisa”. If your name is not Lisa or you want to have a more "Chinese-style" name, feel free to change it if you don't like it now.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've been looking for this thread! So glad I found it.

I was wondering if you guys could help me with a name introduction as well... I've always been using my English name and only use my Chinese name on those rare occasions I'm in China or for Chinese classes (just literally introducing it once and using my English name the rest of the time).

My Chinese name is 林如敏 and I don't really know the back story to it except that my 外婆 gave it when my mother gave birth to me. :)

I've been watching Chinese shows and seeing them introduce themselves.

林 is usually 雙木林. I'll leave 如 and 敏 for others, as I'm generally very bad at spelling names (I never understand other people's too). You can of course go with 如果的如 and 敏感的敏, but there must be something much more elegant. Especially for 如 you can pick almost any nice chengyu with 如 in it, and have some fun with it.

Ha I'm feeling very chengyu-y today. So how about 從善如流的如,敏而好學的敏?

Or half jokingly, 林月如的如,敏捷的敏 :D

EDIT: There are many chengyu starting with 如, from 如狼似虎 to 如是我聞...

And @roddyThere seems to be a problem with the edit box, it doesn't accept some pasted links.

• Like 3

Hey, I am wondering about my introduction whether it sounds good or bad.

我的名字叫和懿娴。

和平的和,嘉言懿行的懿,娴于辞令的娴。

你们觉得怎么样?太复杂呢?多谢你们的帮助。