Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China
  • Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
vellocet

What do you call this ring thing?

vellocet

This is a doodad to make a ring fit better.  The ring is not able to be resized by a jeweler due to ornate surface design.  In English it's called a ring resizer but I've been unable to find out what it's called is in Chinese.  All my Taobao searches come up with irrelevant results.  I haven't been able to find any kind of ring resizer, I'm barking up the wrong tree.  Anyone know how to say it in Chinese?  It's sold under the brand name Ring Lock in America.  

ring lock.png

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

roddy

Bit of creative searching found this, any use?

• Like 2

vellocet

OK I tried my usual trick of copying and pasting the magic keywords, in this case 戒指调节, to try to find more products.  Nothing!  I guess this is the only product available. I tried the search on jd.com and they didn't have any, either.   Thanks for finding it!  I was really at a loss.  Nothing worse than not knowing what something is called.  

dwq

To be honest the product in the first photo just looked like some cut-up 软胶管, perhaps it is cheaper to just buy some and cut it up yourself.

Shelley

I would try looking for some heat shrink sleeving. Then you can slice the tube put it on and then heat it gently with a hair drier or similar and it will shrink round the ring and make a smoother fitting. you might have to do a couple of layers to get the required thickness,

This link is just to show you an example, although I do think they ship internationally http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-power/hs404/heatshrink-sleeving-4-1-16mm-1/dp/CB10016

There are other sizes and colours including clear available.

roddy

Alternatively, eat more and stop exercising. 

• Like 3

大块头
7 hours ago, roddy said:

Alternatively, eat more and stop exercising. 

Some people can't shrink their knuckles, unfortunately... :cry:

• Like 1

vellocet

Thanks to roddy for helping, I got the product and everything was fine.