Jump to content
  • Sign Up

What do you call this ring thing?


Recommended Posts

This is a doodad to make a ring fit better.  The ring is not able to be resized by a jeweler due to ornate surface design.  In English it's called a ring resizer but I've been unable to find out what it's called is in Chinese.  All my Taobao searches come up with irrelevant results.  I haven't been able to find any kind of ring resizer, I'm barking up the wrong tree.  Anyone know how to say it in Chinese?  It's sold under the brand name Ring Lock in America.  

ring lock.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK I tried my usual trick of copying and pasting the magic keywords, in this case 戒指调节, to try to find more products.  Nothing!  I guess this is the only product available. I tried the search on jd.com and they didn't have any, either.   Thanks for finding it!  I was really at a loss.  Nothing worse than not knowing what something is called.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would try looking for some heat shrink sleeving. Then you can slice the tube put it on and then heat it gently with a hair drier or similar and it will shrink round the ring and make a smoother fitting. you might have to do a couple of layers to get the required thickness,


This link is just to show you an example, although I do think they ship internationally http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-power/hs404/heatshrink-sleeving-4-1-16mm-1/dp/CB10016


There are other sizes and colours including clear available.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...