Chinese-Forums

Notarization of my Chinese degree in order to get Chinese visa?

spock

My boss is giving me a hard time again, apparently my work permit was rejected because..... my Chinese degree was not Notariazed it makes not sense to me but ...

I have to do it. She says it will take 30 days to notoriaze it in Mnistry of education in China. Is there another way to make if faster? 

That's quite a long time. I can only tell you for the notarization process in my country(malaysia), it only takes about 3-4 days. I just notarized my degree certificate about a week ago and the procedure is that I go through is, first I went to the ministry of education and ask them to verified it(less than 5 minutes), and then went to the ministry of foreign affairs(about 5-15 minutes) again to authenticate it, and finally went to the Chinese embassy(4 working days, for urgent matters the fastest they can make is 2-3 days). That's it. I'm not sure about the procedure in China though, I heard their system is unorganized and usually takes a long time. 

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

@Jabri May I ask if your degree certificate is from a local university? I am currently kind of stuck with my Australian degree which I obtained at one of the local college which has been rebranded/merged, pretty sure the ministry would not endorse them and I am trying my luck at Australian Embassy in KL in 2 days time.

Having said that, I had my local diploma certified today by Ministry of Higher Education, will proceed to Ministry of Foreign Affairs tomorrow morning and head to China Embassy in KL after. Anything in particular Is should pay attention to at China embassy?

@MichW Sorry I just saw your message. I guess you have sent your documents now. Yeah my degree certificate is from local university(USM). Nothing in particular, at the Chinese embassy, you will be asked to fill in a notarization form and prepare 2 copies for each document that you wanted to notarized. If you don't have the copies, they will do it for you and charge you RM 1.00 for each copy. It's not a big deal but if you want to save some money, you could do it by yourselves at photostate shop for only 10 cent each. 

• 1 month later...

I asked today and was told that authentication isn't needed for degrees from Chinese universities. I'll ask again tomorrow when our primary SAFEA officer is in the  office to make sure though. What city are you applying for work in? What university is the degree from?