Chinese-Forums

Funny Chinese book

Alhazred

I recently heard about this book: Funny Chinese (趣味汉语 Quwei hanyu, Peking University press, ISBN 7-301-08056-5/H-1263) and was wondering if anyone out there has ever used it and could, therefore, give me an opinion? Thank you.

• 7 months later...

I've gone through 17 lessons of 30 now, and I think it's great! Such a relief after all those boring dialogues about Chinese family planning and where to go sightseeing, as if there's nothing more important to me than finding a great view of one of the world's smoggiest cities. The only thing I don't like is that the speakers on the recordings often play several parts. It can get a little confusing. But overall an excellent book, and the inclusion of 3 CDs full of audio material makes it a great deal. My favorite chinese learning book right now.

I love that link.

"our price: 7 yuan. Market price: 0 yuan. Saving: -7 yuan".

I think I'll get it from the market.

It’s a funny discovery, and kinda fits the name of this thread.

Actually “our price = membership price” is the price of the product. We use a website template to build our website. That means there is a website programme which is already designed well, then we just upload all the materials including products’ pictures and informations, i.e. self-built website, in Chinese we name it as “zì zhù jiàn wǎng zhàn / 自助建网站”. “Membership price” is originally designed by the website template, we use it as the price of the product. You could find “Market price” on our site, which we do not use it, always displaying “0.00 Yuan”.

Also because of the website template, it has already designed the price of the product is in RMB (¥ Yuan), but our customers are inside China mainland as well as outside China mainland. So we put both RMB price and USD price in the detailed information of every product, but in Shopping Cart we use USD price. For this book:

There are two prices on our site:

Price: RMB 58.00yuan

Price: USD 7.25

That means if the customer is inside China mainland, he/she will pay RMB 58.00 yuan for the book, if the customer is outside China mainland, he/she will pay USD 7.25 for the book. RMB 58.00 yuan is the original price of the book which was printed on the back cover of the book, and USD 7.25 = RMB 58.00 yuan / 8

We will redesign our site soon, try to find other funny things and enjoy them from this existing one, I don’t think you can have a chance to find them any more on our new site. :wink: