Chinese-Forums

最后一张签证

Ori_A

Hey everyone,
I'd like to recommend a nice TV series I've been watching lately (name in the title). It came out this year and I think it's not bad. 
It is the story of 何凤山, a Chinese diplomat in Austria during World War II, who risked his life to rescue Jews, and provide them with a Chinese visa so that they could leave Austria, at the time under the Nazi occupation. The story is real, but the series is not a documentary. and there is a made up plot surrounding the actual story. I'm an Israeli Jew, so the story is of special interest to me, but I think it's not a bad series to watch in general.
The actors are both Chinese and foreigners, and they did an amusing, somtimes weird job with the dubbing of the foreing actors, but nothing that troubled me too much.
It was available on Youtube until just a few days ago, but it's not now. It is available on the Chinese websites though. (such as: https://v.qq.com/x/cover/vp1skgewzy4z2v0/v0022c1o4of.html)
The Chinese spoken in the series is not very hard (excluding some specific moments when they just throw some 成语s and I had to stop and check. Many of the conversations contain words and vocabulary related to war, occupation, military, etc. but they are usually repeated in different contexts many times, so great practice there.

Anyway, it's not a work of art, and as mentioned, I have a more specific interest in the subject being who I am, but I do believe it's worth checking out, and I hope you find it interesting!

• Like 1