Chinese-Forums

Emails are delivered to 126.com & 163.com but not received

Gerry king

• New Members

We are a small scientific publisher that has published thousands of academic research papers (Oncology and Metabolic Medicine). Many authors are saying they have not received important emails. Our ISP (Rackspace) has confirmed that the emails have been delivered.

We have tried emailing nsadmin@corp.netease.com , the 'postmaster@126.com' and 163.com quoting message IDs, receipients etc. So far we have have no response. emailing nsadmin@corp.netease.com 

Can anyone suggest who we can contact?

I'm sorry I have no idea who you should contact, but I do suggest you consider using WeChat (in addition to, not instead of) email for contacting your authors. It may not sound very professional, but in the university I work in we use it for many official purposes, everything from sending important documents to official memos.  The disadvantage to wechat is attachments can expire, but the advantage is it is the app used most for both official and unofficial communication, and you are more likely to get an immediate response. 

I'd suggest you set up your own email accounts there, then do some tests to see if you can isolate the problem: send emails to your test accounts from different accounts, different countries, w/ and w/o delivery confirmation, w/ and w/o attachments, in Chinese/English, etc. See what gets through. A bit of work, but probably more productive than trying to get an answer from 126.com.

Are you certain the recipients have checked their junk mail folder? Often things can go astray in this folder, some people's machines are set to automatically empty the junk mail folder when shutting down outlook or other mail handling software.

Just a thought because it sounds like some mail is getting to some people but not to others so it might not be a mail server problem.

I am no expert but it seems worth checking.

• New Members
On 13/05/2017 at 0:03 PM, Shelley said:

Are you certain the recipients have checked their junk mail folder? Often things can go astray in this folder, some people's machines are set to automatically empty the junk mail folder when shutting down outlook or other mail handling software.

Thanks Shelley. I forgot there are options which would mean users might never see the email. All our emails were whitelisted before they left Rackspace so it is unlikely that they would by flagged as junk mail.

When our users re-send the same email it is eventually received (it may take 3-4 attempts)

Thanks to everyone who answered.