Chinese-Forums

Need help finding the name of an old chinese movie..

TheClan

• New Members

Hello gentlemen and ladies, I would like to request some help identifying a movie that I saw during an flight from China. It was shown at the big screen and unfortunately I missed the title since I sat a bit far away from the screen, what I do know is that it's based on a novel. Anyway, the movie is set in an remote village where an photographer (I think his last name was Lan) is "forced" to marry a woman he had sex with (the wife's name is something along the line of Meixia), after that he's admitted to the Beijing University and leaves the village for the greater purpose of higher education as someone from an small village, but always with his wife in mind, after a couple of months he gets an telegram from the village telling him that his wife is in coma after giving birth, he rushes to the village and founds out that she gave birth to twins named Wei Long and Wei Feng before passing away. The photographer decides to take leave from the university to raise the children and becomes a teacher in the village. But later on he founds out that he's not the father of the twins, but it was an guy that had passed through the village with an portable cinema that knocked Meixia up and then left the village. 

I know it might be hard to figure out which movie it is from this information, but I would be grateful if anyone could tell me the name of this movie.

With kind regards,

TC