Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China
  • Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
Elvis Archer

What happened to The Grand First Episode Project

Elvis Archer

Hello,

I recently read an old post called The Grand First Episode Project, and I was wondering if anyone knows if this is still continuing, or if it has morphed into something else. I tried to directly message the people involved, but when i click the message button, there is no text box to place my message. The message section just says that it is required, but there is no place to put my message. For those who have not read the The Grand First Episode Project post, do you all have any recommendations for television shows that allow me to learn new things and a location to find the transcriptions and plot summary. For example a show like 奋斗, or maybe a better one. Thank you all for your time

Best Wishes

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

roddy
6 hours ago, Elvis Archer said:

ssage the people involved, but when i click the message button, there is no text box to place my message. The message section just says that it is required, but there is no place to put my message.

There's an ongoing technical issue which has been a nightmare to diagnose - for example it affects you on the private message page, but you can post with no problem. 

Anyway, there was no continuation of that project, although many of the shows are still worth watching. If any of the links are no longer working make a post and someone'll probably try to find a new one. 

renzhe

Yeah, it was one of those things that is very active for a while because there is momentum, but it eventually slowed down. Like Roddy says, it is still a useful resource for finding interesting shows, though you'll probably have to search for working links.