Chinese-Forums

Tattoo Translation Help

Blondey

• New Members

So i want to get a tattoo that says "Inner Strength" in Chinese. However i find more than one translation? I found this 

内在力量

is that accurate? If not, what is? I just want to make sure i have the right translation before i have it tattooed. 

To me what you have there has more of a ring like "internal power" haha (meaning it sounds stupid like "internal power"), but you're never going to find a tattoo that you can trust because you don't know Chinese. *shrug shrug* This is me being unhelpful.

I agree with Chen Decong. 内在力量 is not wrong per se, but it looks rather stupid as a tattoo.

If you don't know Chinese and don't have any special connection to the language, consider not getting a Chinese character tattoo. Chances are something will go wrong: you don't find the right translation, the tattooist tattoos it upside down or mirrored, the calligraphy is ugly... And all this is forever and ever, and anyone who knows Chinese (about a quarter of the world's population) can see how you got it wrong. Why not find a nice picture that symbolises inner strength to you, and get that as a tattoo? Or just get 'Inner Strength' in English in a nice font?