Chinese-Forums

Some info/advice needed

blue_fyre

Three years before you plan to go to china? As much as I believe in preparation, 3 years might be too early. China constantly changes and I think the quality/ availability of chinese language programs is no exception. If you look into past posts, it seems that even established programs at BLCU/ BeiDa/ Tsinghua have varied in the past 3 years in terms of class size, teaching quality, faciliites etc.

I also reckon the 2008 Beijing Olympics will further heighten international interest in studying mandarin in China - and this might affect the quality and quantity of chinese language programs in the future.

Cheers,

Cat

I definitely agree. At the rate China is changing, now might be too early to do research. However, with that in mind it might be beneficial to research good programs now to better familiarize yourself with what works for people today and what they're offering. That way, three years from now (although everything might be different) you might have a better idea of what to look for in a program.