Chinese-Forums

Tianjin to Beijing fast train directions

ShelbyR

I'm in Tianjin for two weeks on business and can speak intermediate Chinese with a problematic ability to understand any words with extra "r's"!  I'd like to take a cab to the fast train station in Tianjin and then go to Wangfujing Da Jie. I could take the subway in Beijing as I've done that before.  Thanks for any info!

Depends on where you're starting from in Tianjin of course, but if it's convenient why not take the Metro there as well.

The fast trains to Beijing leave from both Tianjin Station and Tianjin Nan Station, but you'll probably find Tianjin Station more convenient. Both stations are served by Tianjin Metro.

In Beijing, the fast trains from Tianjin arrive at Beijing South Station. From there you can take Metro Line 4 to Xidan and then transfer to Metro Line 1 for Wangfujing.

Of Tianjin Zhan, Tianjin Nan Zhan, Beijing Nan Zhan, Xidan, and Wangfujing, there's only one that might have an extra "r." Perhaps you could just get off at the next stop, Dongdan, instead.

• 2 weeks later...