Chinese-Forums

Chinese Language Institutes block scheduling

rn1rnl

It's been awhile since I posted here. I have been doing student teaching with my university in Taiwan. I had a thought that occured to me and I would love to get your input. When I was studying at Jiaotong University in Shanghai for the language program, they had block scheduling. Usually 3 hours a day. Monday-Friday  Block A: 1 and half hours on Reading (Practice Writing) and Block B: 1 and half hours on speaking...  Then next day it would switch to Block C: 1.5 hours on listening with Block B. And they would alternate. The problem I came across was that they used the different Boya Books meant for the designated class. So I had 3 different textbooks for listening, speaking, reading/writing. Not all the time would it be the same vocab so I was seeing about 60-80 characters a week.. Now for independant study what do you think of this method? I would have a native speaker to check over my workbook activities etc.. 

• 1 month later...