Chinese-Forums

Z Visa question

Francesco Ursini

• New Members

Hello everyone, 

I have a question regarding a Z-visa application.

I will join a Chinese university on the 1st of September (long term contract: 5 years), and I will need to resign from my current job.

I am Italian, working in Sweden, so when I applied for a first Visa (job interview at the Chinese university), I had to submit my then current contract and my residence permit as an EU resident in  Sweden (the Visa was a tourist Visa, F?).

I should be able to apply by the end of July or beginning of August (i.e. once I receive the work permits), so my current employer has asked me to resign by the end of July, but possibly the end of June.

Would it be a problem if i would be unemployed when applying for the Z-visa? I understand that it does not really matter (i.e. I can just write "N/A" in the application form), and my Chinese future employers have been extremely clear and supportive with the procedure so far (the contract is very thorough and in English, I have signed everything, the consulate already received the work invitation letter, and all that is missing is the final step of the working permit). 

Please accept my apologies if I am worrying about a pointless matter.

Best,

Francesco