Chinese-Forums

travel by train inside China by the student visa

hkdude

I received my admission package a couple days ago. I would like to reach my university by train crossing border with Kazkhkstan => Urumqi => Shanghai(my university is located in Shanghai). the problem is there is no direct train route from Kazakhstan to Shanghai. but urumqi . So I will have to plan my itinerary. so I wonder if the travel by train is permitted under this type of visa? As far as I know embassy issues 30 day single entry visa, so I'm supposed to apply for student visa upon arrival to my university city. I don't want to take flight to my university and lose the chance to see the china.

Thank you for the help in advance!

Unless they changed their student visa process, I'm pretty sure that the document in your admission package nets you a student visa (single entry, valid for 30 days), and you need to convert it to a residence permit upon arrival.

Your student visa is fine, as long as you cross the Chinese border once (and it seems to be the case).

• Like 1