Chinese-Forums

High School Transcript

js6426

I have noticed that most Chinese universities need you to have a 'High School diploma/transcript' or something in order to do a bachelor's degree in Chinese language and literature.  I have applied to HIT to try and change from studying short term courses to a bachelors, but got an email today saying they are concerned I haven't uploaded the correct document for this.  I guess what makes it even more ironic is the requirement is exactly the same for the short courses, and they accepted me to study that!  The problem is that in England, where I graduated high school, this document simply doesn't exist as it does in China or the States.  You get your exam results given to you and certified, and if you passed, obviously that proves you graduated, if you didn't the opposite applies, so there is no need for an extra diploma or transcript just to say you graduated.  Anyone else from England dealt with this before?  I know the person I have to deal with tomorrow and they are not the nicest or easiest to get on with so I'm not really looking forward to it.  But I can't produce a document that my country doesn't even issue.  There must be other English people out there who have a bachelors in Chinese language - how did you deal with this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Jonny

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, for some reason I didn't get a notification that anything further had been posted here!  The lady just misunderstood and didn't realize the system was different in England.  Unlike many other places we don't get a high school diploma, and once she knew that she was fine with just the A level transcripts

• Like 1