Chinese-Forums

The Shoe Size Things in China

marspence

• New Members

What are the shoe sizes here in China? They do not have anything like size 9 or size 10 in the U.S. For the same pair of shoes, they may call it 25 or 40 the same while. How do the local ones tell the sizes of their shoes? Advise on that wanted. Thanks.

While I've certainly had endless trouble buying shoes in China, that was because their shoes were too small. The sizes are pretty reliable, although you might want to round up sometimes - if you're normally a size 37, look for shoes in size 38. Sometimes the salespeople try to tell you to try this or that shoe, even though it doesn't fit, but it's not because they don't know the size. They just don't like to tell you that they don't have your size.

You do have to try them on, of course. I do that at home as well, because every shoe is a little bit different, and the correct size might still be the wrong fit.

The problem, if you have big feet, is in finding shoes that fit. Don't know about men's shoes, but it's all but impossible to find women's shoes bigger than size 39. In Beijing I had some luck at a small shop of export shoes at Liangmaqiao, on the Eastern side of the Third Ring Road (2013, no idea if it's still there).

I have always found it difficult getting chinese cloth shoes in my size, Canadian size 9, European 42 and UK size 8. If anyone knows somewhere on line that sell these in larger sizes I would love to know. I have got them in size 41 and 39 but the 39 is not really wearable and the 41 is just about comfortable.

In large cities you'll occasionally come across shops specializing in large-size shoes. But their stock is limited and I've never found anything worth buying.

If you can work out reasonable trans-shipment, then buying on Amazon gets you good shoes at fair prices.

Size 48 here - sometimes I have been able to find shoes in the French sports store Decathlon. They seem to reliably go up to 46, but on occasion they have 47 and 48 generally in boots. 

When I return for the summer to the US, I always buy new shoes for the year because I can't find things reliably here that fit.

Eion

if you go to prominent sneaker shop big brand like adidas, nike, skeecher, or new balance. it will be more easy to find your size using US sizing, i usually go to physical store and try it on first if i like then i would go on taobao to find cheaper price. it's not easy to find legit pairs on taobao but if you knew what to look for then it's very convenient as well

• 5 weeks later...

Make some money!!!

Found on a freelance site:

I am having a problem with finding shoes my size and I am visiting china next week and want to buy replica shoe brands like louis Vuitton, Gucci, laboutin and prada. I am assuming that my size wouldn't be available since I have a large shoe size so I need your help to find the manufactures so they can do me custom shoes for my size or they might even have shoes my size but I can't find any on the internet. my shoe size is euro 48 and uk 14

3 hours ago, lips said:

find the manufactures so they can do me custom shoes for my size

Yeah... hire someone to get the manufacturer to make custom shoes... I wonder if that will still be cheaper than just buying the real LV shoes already.