Chinese-Forums

头文字D & anti-Japanese sentiment

Ian_Lee

头文字D -- a movie which mostly filmed in Japan with all Chinese movie stars acting as Japanese -- netted RMB 60 million in Mainland's Box Office.

Other than the fans of Jay Chou, it seems the movie at least attracts some other audience.

Even under the current prevalent anti-Japanese sentiment, Japanese-packaged commodity -- including movie -- still looks like hot items.

頭文字D 是關於Drift 的故事,D 也就是Drift 的頭一個字母,這應該是此譯名的來源吧。

本人並不認爲這電影是給少年兒童看的,因爲他們可能還不太懂什麽是‘飄移’呢。我幾十嵗了,反倒還覺得好看呢。可是我不覺得周杰伦是拓海的人選,托海是傻傻呆呆的,但也不失是個帥哥..... :roll: 咳,得罪了各位周杰伦迷,我也喜歡他,但我不是迷。

如果有人看過漫畫或卡通VCD,就外形是否贊成我?

拓海 - 陳冠希

涼介 - 吳彥祖

啓介(片中無此角色,以中里毅代替了)- 謝霆鋒

文太 - 劉德華 (黃秋生樣子有點兒兇,文太應該是無表情的酷嘛)

它本來就是漫畫, 然後由卡通,再是電影... 我自己沒看過漫畫,但是卡通我看過--覺得非常值得看. 我也看了電影,但它沒有卡通那麼好. 周杰伦的確演的滿差,但我還喜歡的唱的歌--我覺得那部電影裡面,演的最好大概是周杰伦的爸爸--它的character很好笑 8)

I haven't watched it yet but I am very eager to.

Why? Because it is a new theme and a very bold attempt with sizable investment in production cost. Not too many entrepreneurs nowadays are willing to spend that much money on a movie that is so venturesome -- script straightly copied from Japanese manga with Chinese cast.

Same with "Seven Swords". It is also a new theme and a very bold attempt

Just based on the film crews' "sincerity", I will support them with my dollars.

Most anti-japanese types in China are relatively older and/or more conservative and would not be interested in a street racing movies with a pop star cast.

I thought the movie was kinda sexist by not including some of the female drivers that are in the manga. And almost all the males smokes, just like the Manga; way to promote smoking in China.

Are you sure about that? I'm from Shanghai as well and most anti- japanese I know are neither old nor conservative.

I haven't seen the movie ,though. What language is it in?

It would be stupid if it takes place in Japan , the characters are supposed to be Japanese but they speak in Mandarin. On the other hand I can't imagine Zhou Jielun speaking Japanese.

• 3 weeks later...

But Zhou Jielun is Taiwanese, isn't he, does he speak Cantonese?

And what's the big problem with movie-Japanese speaking Mandarin, the Americans have made (and still make) loads of movies with foreigners speaking English and that's no problem, apparently, for most people.

Lu:

In order to have a wider appeal to a larger Asia market segment, most big Chinese movie production nowadays have multi-national cast.

In this movie, there is actress from Japan (Suzuki), actor from Taiwan (Jay Chou), in addition to the HK cast.

And in Jackie Chan's newest movie (to be released on September 20 and premiere in the People's Great Hall in Beijing), there are even Korean as well as Indian actresses in addition to the Chinese cast!

Of course, when the movie is filmed, respective actors/actresses speak their own languages. Afterwards, it is dubbed into Cantonese/Mandarin/Japanese/Korean for different regions.

And of course what you see in the movie is probably not the original voice of that actor/actress. But there are exceptions, i.e. Jackie Chan speaks in both the Mandarin/Cantonese versions.

If you buy VCD of these movies, usually they come in the bilingual version and you can tell which actor/actress speaks in his/her original voice (sh)