Chinese-Forums

Visiting fiancee who is also moving back to China

kuro68k

• New Members

Hi. My fiancee is currently living in Japan, but will be moving back to China later this year. I want to go to Japan, meet her and then go together to China for a few weeks to visit.

I'm looking to get a family reunion visa (less than 180 days) but I'm concerned that because she does not currently live in China it might be problematic. Has anyone got any advice on this? Might a tourist visa be better?

Thanks.

I wonder if the bigger problem won't be that she's not actually family, since you are not yet married.

Either way, it's probably easier and less hassle to get a tourist visa. If you're only going for a few weeks, that should be more than enough.

• New Members

That's an interesting point. When I visit Japan they like me to put down "family visit" as the reason (no visa required, only a landing card) even though I told them (in Japanese) that she is my fiancee. There must be some allowance for people who want to get married, for example, as we would like to if possible.

Tourist visa requires a booked hotel and return flight by the look of it. I guess I may have to take the risk of booking first.

I've had joy getting an invitation letter from a friend which got me a multiple entry L visa, 90 day stays, without having to show a hotel booking. They have to word the letter to say you'll stay with them and who is covering expenses etc as I recall, should be a form version of the letter somewhere on line.

• Like 1

• New Members

I've found some invitation letter samples online, they seem simple enough. I'll see if my future father in law can write one for me.

From the sound of it the Chinese aren't nearly as bad as the British for looking for any reason to reject your application.