Chinese-Forums

Good pop-sci documentaries

Squawk 1200

Not sure if it's the sort of thing you are interested in, but there was a great documentary about air pollution in China early last year or maybe the year before. It was by a popular Chinese TV journalist who had taken leave to have a baby and then got to thinking about how it would be for the baby to grow up here under the present conditions. It was well researched and presented with care in a non-bombastic and non-inflammatory manner, but still hit home rather well. It (and she) went on to become extremely well known here on the mainland.

The name slips my mind right now at the moment, but I'm sure someone else will know. It was widely available on TV websites here, then it briefly was banned, before being "rehabilitated" and released once again. Very fine journalism (but not about space.)

@RogerGe -- I cannot get Youtube, since I live in China. Would you please write the title and the name of the presenter, so that I can search it up and watch it on a Mainland video site.

------------------------------------------------

Edti: Looks like this is it -- Chai Jing's review: Under the Dome – Investigating China’s Smog 柴静雾霾调查:穹顶之下

Can be downloaded here: http://www.bd-film.com/zx/19854.htm

Really like her straight-forward presentation of what she found. Eloquent in its simplicity. Forceful because it was backed up with data.