Chinese-Forums

More questions...

fenlan

Thank you to all the people who have helped me in this thread. Can I ask 2 questions on an economic text I am reading?

1. 二是充分发挥利率杠杆的调节作用,下调了金融机构在中国人民银行的超额存款准备金利率,适时上调境内商业银行美元、港币小额外币存款利率上限,修改和完善人民币存贷款计结息规则。Can someone help me understand 计结息? Where is the word division? After 计, with 结息 being a separate word?

2. 调整商业银行自营性个人住房贷款政策,以促进房地产业健康、持续发展. The dictionary meaing of 自营 is "to operate one's own business", but I can't get a proper understanding in this sentence.

修改和完善人民币存贷款计结息规则。Can someone help me understand 计结息?
Maybe this is another typo and should read "计利息,“ meaning "Renminbi deposit and loan interest rate setting policy."
2. 调整商业银行自营性个人住房贷款政策,以促进房地产业健康、持续发展. The dictionary meaing of 自营 is "to operate one's own business", but I can't get a proper understanding in this sentence.

I read it as urging the bank to be self-sufficient and not be reliant on the government to pay for their non-commercially viable loans. I can't think of the exact English translation just now.

The second sentence would translate as . . .

Adjust policy on provision of mortages by commercial banks, in order to ensure a sound real estate industry and its sustainable development.

More literally . . .

Adjust commercial banks self-provided individual housing loans policy, to promote real estate industry health, sustainable development.

Hope that helps.

Roddy