Chinese-Forums

Notarised documents - old passport

June Cooke

• New Members

Hi all, 

I am currently going through the process of getting documents notarised and legalised for the china Z visa (UK citizen). 

I think I might run in to an issue because I've had my degree, TEFL and CBR notarised using my passport, but this has less then 6 months validity so I'll be getting a new one before applying for the visa. I'm about to send notarised documents to the UK FCO so they can legalise them. Once I have these back I was then going to go to London to the Chinese embassy so they can legalise them, before I send them to my new employer in China. But I would be handing in my new passport as I'll have it by then. 

Will I encounter an issue because the documents that have been notarised mention my old (will be by then) passport number, but I'll be handing in my new passport with different number?

Has anyone been in the same or similar predicament? 

I want to avoid getting them notarised again when I receive my new passport as I don't have money to do all of this again, but more importantly I don't have the luxury of time to go back to square one. I have already emailed the Chinese embassy asking if this will be an issue, but it could take ages for them to reply - again time is an issue. 

Please advise!

Thanks,

June