Chinese-Forums

锵锵三人行 canceled?

TechKatz

I too now have a 锵锵三人行-sized hole in my Chinese studying routine, so any suggestions for alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

As a long-term viewer, their choice of topics always seemed pretty non-political to me. If even something as innocuous as 锵锵三人行 is considered threatening enough to ban, that definitely makes me less sanguine about  the future of the media in China in general. At least the statement does include the words 暂时停搏 and 后会有期, which does indicate that it will be back soon in some form or another.

Can anyone recommend similar talk shows that mainly focus on current affairs/general discussion? 

There is 圆桌派, with the same host at 锵锵三人行, and several of the same guests, which started its season two not long ago: it's made by youku rather than phoenix. I've no idea if it's still running but currently the episodes are available on youku. http://list.youku.com/show/id_z3127efbfbd11250911ef.html

But anyway it's by no means a daily broadcast.

Surely there should be some stuff we can find from Taiwan. Quick scan of youtube and the best I've found so far is 看板人物 which isn't ideal.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.com/zhongwen/simp/chinese-news-41258602

I guess the official reason for the cancellation is "公司节目调整", but who knows why it was actually pulled off the air.

I'm still able to download episodes from up to 10 months ago via my podcast app, but the show has been on the air for two decades.  Does anybody know of any ways one could download a large quantity of old episodes at once?

Meanwhile, some have also attributed the downfall of Phoenix to the fact that its founder and boss, Liu Changle, had bet on the wrong horse by aligning himself with Bo Xilai, the former party secretary of the Chongqing municipality and President Xi’s major political rival, a decision that would later turn out to be fatally wrong for Liu himself and his company.

Thanks @889

5 hours ago, realmayo said:

Merged.

5 hours ago, realmayo said:

I'm not sure if even the Phoenix website had the older shows

The transcripts are still online but there don't appear to be any links to it on the main site.  Google search still works well however, e.g.

凤凰卫视10月7日《锵锵三人行》site:ifeng.com

Substituting whatever date you are interested in.

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2017 at 8:07 PM, 大块头 said:

Does anybody know of any ways one could download a large quantity of old episodes at once?

10 years (2006-2015) worth of mp3s are available to download here, one big file per year:

https://www.douban.com/group/topic/89414489/

Of the files I've tried, the 2008 one doesn't have the cleanest sound, but it's absolutely fine to understand. Comes in at over over 1GB.

The 2012 audio is much better but the file is over 2GB.

I don't have a baidu account or software, so to download the files I used a chrome extension called baidudl, in igcognito mode, which generated the baidu download link for me.

• Like 2

On 10/1/2017 at 6:59 AM, realmayo said:

10 years (2006-2015) worth of mp3s are available to download here, one big file per year:

https://www.douban.com/group/topic/89414489/

Thanks! I tried downloading a couple of the files, but the download speeds were really slow... Each download eventually failed. Are you in China? 

I have a Baidu account, so I didn't use the Chrome extension you mentioned.

I got one of the 1GB files that way but speed was limited to 100KB/s, from outside China. However another couple failed

There's another series of links here: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1boUmnoz?&dt_ref=02B380E3F459AA448E530105625086E92421422647D7FC5EC0FD9A103A898EE2A2965D2DBCA0C12F&dt_dapp=1&adapt=pc&fr=ftw#list/path=%2F珍藏资源%2F音频%2Fdwt%2F窦文涛&parentPath=%2F珍藏资源%2F音频

... which hasn't failed at all, although still goes at the same speed.

Also on that page you can choose to take years 2013-2017 broken into monthly files.

• Like 1

I spent some time looking around for an adequate substitute for 《锵锵三人行》, and I think I found something that will work for my purposes (transcription practice).

If you've looked into Chinese podcasts you may have come across 《逻辑思维》, a show where the host discusses various topics from history, science, etc. It looks like this podcast has full transcripts for each of its daily (Mon-Fri) 10 minute long episodes.

As of March 2017, 《逻辑思维》 is free but officially only available on the 得到 app. It looks like people are putting the episodes up on Youtube too, if you are having trouble installing the app.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 2