Chinese-Forums

Vocabulary word lists

gato

As a complement to character lists that have been posted, here are two word lists I copied from Kingsoft Powerword (金山词霸). The first includes medical terms, family relations, food items, and a few other things. The second is more specialized and includes terms related to government, law, economics, and business. Both are in GB encoding. I hope you find them useful. :wink:

All of the Chinese comes up as garbled code for me. I can't seem to find an encoding option in WordPad.

By the way, is there a single word in Chinese for garbled code? Maybe something like 字化, or maybe nothing like that.

Try viewing it with your browser. Select GB encoding if it doesn't detect GB automatically.

Wordpad wouldn't display GB-encoded text correctly unless you have "Asian text support" turned on through the "region and language" applet on the control panel if you're using Windows.

wierd. the list *appears* fine to load up fine, but the definitions are garbage..

From what it looks like, you're trying to put something in traditional, that will only go in simplified. Happens to me all the time. Just switch your encoding to simplified and you should be ok.