Chinese-Forums

Will My Work Permit Be Rejected Because My Passport Is Too New?

Pianote

My tourist visa application was rejected because my passport was too new (new rule). I was told I have to go back to the U.S. to apply. However, In a few weeks i will get my work permit to apply for my visa. Will I get rejected again for having a new passport?

Do you have your old passport? This problem seems to arise when they want to make sure you haven't visited Turkey in recent years. (Don't bother asking the rationale for this.)

If there's a potential problem of this sort, you usually do better applying at the Visa Office in Wanchai, since you can then plead your case directly to the visa officer.

You might try submitting a signed statement that this is your first passport and that you have never visited Turkey. CTS is a bit bureaucratic. Try asking one or two of the other big China visa agencies, like Sunrise or Forever Bright, what's possible in your case.

Also, this problem seems to come and go. It wouldn't be surprising if it goes again next month, after the big political shindig is over. Applying this week may just be bad timing. That CTS took your application but didn't mention there might be a problem with a new passport does suggest that it's a new and hopefully temporary requirement.