Chinese-Forums

Ofo app not working anymore

kouch

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Recently I have been facing an issue with my OFO app. Everytime I scan the code it says that the service is unavailable. Before it was working really well then sometimes I had to try many times before it works. Eventually it just stopped. I tried with and without WiFi, with and without VPN, logged out, removed the app but nothing seems to work... its quite annoying since I rely on this a lot..

Has someone had the same issue before ? Do you have any idea how i can make it work ? Or can i contact the ofo team ?

Thank you

Suggestions:

1。Be sure that bluetooth is enabled on your phone.

2。Be sure that the GPS function is enabled on your phone.

The app uses both of these to communicate with the bike you are scanning, to unlock it.

3。Be sure you have some money in the OFO account. Doesn't take much, 10 or 20 RMB is enough. Can top it up via WeChat Pay (微信付包。)

4. Sometimes I have had trouble using the app when my phone has been in "power-saving" mode. Turning that off removes the problem.

5. Don't use your VPN. This app does not require it.

I use it, or one of the others, almost every day here in Kunming. (I suppose Beijing might have different issues.)

• 2 weeks later...

I use it every day in Beijing, 

you need GPS set but not bluetooth. The GPS requirement caught me out too. It seems in Beijing it only became a requirement recently

I don't add money, just link it to wechat pay

Prefer 小蓝车 myself,  Ofo  seems like I am cycle dragging a concrete clock behined me :)

I believe there are at least four versions of the OFO app: Chinese and English for both Android and Apple. So different people with different apps may have different experiences.

I have Android English and, like the OP, have a constant problem getting through: "service unavailable." It seems much easier to get through in the evenings. You cannot rely on it to unlock a bike when you need one. More seriously, nor can you rely on it to end the trip once you've locked up. The required connection isn't there.

I think their system and their apps are buggy as can be. The app has now twice developed crash-on-opening symptom and had to be re-installed.

You don't need Bluetooth for the older locks you open with a code. But the latest lock without buttons does require Bluetooth. It doesn't seem to work on my version of the app, which I assume doesn't support Bluetooth.

Most of the bikes are hard to ride, but once in a while you'll get something good. Check tire pressure: anything but a firm tire will mean a bad ride.

@889

I use the Android Chinese version, and if I have bluetooth switch off I get a message saying telling me to manually unlock and gives the code. 

I use Huawei P9 (chinese version) so maybe the actually Android OS has something to do with it, dunno 

Ah maybe thats why.

Any time I use Chinese app I use a chinese app store (like 豌豆荚) . I find these generally better. Wechat is a notable example. The google play version doesn't (or at least didn't) have wechat wallet as part of the install. I have forgotten if chinese app stores like work outside China though

As I mentioned in another thread, the Android Chinese app only takes payment with WeChat or Alipay, which can be hard for some to setup.

The English Android app takes non-Chinese credit cards, though the refundable deposit is 199RMB versus 99RMB on the Chinese app. But no need for a passport photo or name registration on the English app.

• 6 months later...

Just an update on the English OFO Android app. It remains very buggy, months on and after many upgrades. However, the main problem -- connnecting to OFO's servers -- seems to disappear if you connect through a VPN, oddly enough. So use a VPN and OFO Englsh Android suddenly becomes serviceable.

I use it every day or two in Kunming without a VPN.

The original poster bought a car. Four-door Buick V8, metallic green, white sidewall tires. 

But are you using the English OFO App downloaded off Google Play or the Chinese one? The problem I'm mentioning is specific to the English App (which has the advantage of not needing Alipay or Wechat, you pay with a non-Mainland credit card).