Chinese-Forums

2B

Fred0

I am reading a story in which the narrator is describing a young woman who is beautiful and talented. The kids in her grade school called her 画皮。 I understand what that means, but then he goes on to say:

他们不嫉妒,相反,他们怀揣着敬仰,一律把姚子涵同学叫作“画皮”。

可“画皮”决不2B,站有站相,坐有坐姿,亭亭玉立,是文艺青年的范儿。

Question 1: What does 2B mean.

Question 2: Is 站有站相,坐有坐姿 a set phrase of some kind, and whether or not, how is it to be understood?

2B = 二逼 (逼 is a stand-in for another character 屄 'cunt', which is considered too dirty visually. I didn't know this character until a college classmate told us, with juvenile glee, about it.)

Basically 二 means stupid. But 二逼 is milder than 傻逼. Here's some explanations: https://baike.baidu.com/item/二逼

站有站相,坐有坐姿 means she behaves like a normal person, not eccentric or something.

• Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1

Thanks. The piece in Baidu was very helpful, as was your explanation.

I seems that 站有站相,坐有坐姿 should have a more positive implication than just not eccentric or abnormal. 相 suggests a portrait or a picture, 姿 means beautiful. And followed by the phrase 亭亭玉立 it seems to be complimentary. Am I wrong?

Yes, it's complimentary. To be honest, I don't understand why "2B" is used. All the descriptions are positive. Does being an exemplary student imply there must be something wrong? I don't know. Maybe my understanding of the word is a bit outdated.

• Thanks 1

画皮 is a reference to the Liaozhai Zhiyi story https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Painted_Skin

There's also a blockbuster film starring Zhao Wei https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painted_Skin_(2008_film)

I think they mean she's beautiful but non-human. Can't see any association with 2B. But again, I'm old and "out".

EDIT: Could it be possible that some sort of typo is involved? ZB can mean 装逼, which would make more sense.

• Like 1

ZB? Maybe, but, there is no suggestion yet that Yao Zhihan is deceptive, vain, or affected. The sentence is ambiguou as you don't know if the narrator is saying the girl is not 2B, or that the other students calling the girl Hua Pi is not 2B. As I read it, it is the latter. Would you agree?

I think it would definitely make sense that it should be 裝逼 "Z"B, but even if it's 2B, it seems like this is to say that she doesn't behave like an ass just because all her classmates think so highly of her and tell it to her face.