Chinese-Forums

Comparative Literature PhD. in China

eslnomad

I've been teaching in China for a few years, studying the language and sitting on a Comparative Literature Masters I completed a decade ago with English, French, Polish, German as the main languages.   While in China, I've upped my language skills in Chinese and recently slimly passed the HSK5 exam.  I would love to continue to do Comp Lit with Chinese as one of the languages but would like some advice about good programmes, scholarships, experiences people have had with this level of education in China, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

NYU Shanghai looks interesting but from the website I don't see that they have any literature or even humanities doctoral programmes at this time. 

I found these scholarships http://ccsp.chinese.cn/article/2014-06/29/content_543428.htm

These look like they include PhD. supervisor information for humanities candidates.  Has anyone had any experience with humanities related degrees at those institutions or has received this doctoral scholarship and can comment?