Chinese-Forums

Applying to study Chinese (non-degree) in China

Eduu

• New Members

Hello Everyone,

I am so happy I found this amazing Forum! I can see that most of the people are applying for bachelors and masters degree. I am trying to find out how to apply through the CSC to study just the Chinese language, that is, I do not want to enroll myself into in any type of bachelors nor masters, and simply become advance in Chinese. I went to Fudan during a program organising with my university and studied Chinese over a year in my university. I also spent a year in Singapore. Currently, I am a final year business student at The University of Manchester.

I am struggling to find the relevant information here in Manchester so had to go to the Chinese embassy in London to find out more. First of all, I still don't know what program category I should choose: Program category Type A, B or C. Moreover, I do not know my agency number (I guess that it is the embassy in London). I sent them an email but they have not got back to me in a long time now.

Also, I am spanish, but as I currently live in Manchester, I was wondering if I should apply through the Chinese embassy based in Spain or The UK? I was going to do it through the one in The UK.

I was wondering if you could help me out. 

Thank you very much in advance!