Chinese-Forums

Robbed because we are ballerinas we defend ourselves!

isabelle49000

• New Members

Hello,

I am Isabelle, 28 years old, leaving in China since 6 years now.At first, I must apologize for my terrible english, I hope it will not burn your eyes, I try my best.

By this thread I just wanted to warn you about what happened to us recently… I follow ballerina lessons for adult since 4 years now.

So it was the end of the lesson, so as usual, I walk to the dressing room. I was with 3 others ballerinas. I opened the door and saw a man holding my handbags and some others. It has took me few seconds to realise what’s going on until I yell at him.

His only escape was the door I just opened so he ran on our direction and tried to push us.We catch his arm and he punch me in the face!

We punch him back and pushing him into the dressing room. We were 4 versus him and we surrounding him. One of us headlock him and so we heat him as we could with punch, kick, knee kick…and he quickly he fall to the ground.  We kicked him again and he curl on himself asking us to stop… One of us sit on him and hold his arms behind his back.

The rest of the student came to help us but he was done already. The teacher tie his hands behind the back. I took in his pocket his phone and wallet to be sure he s not trying to escape while some students called the police.

We keep him kneeldown like this and the teacher started to question him. She made him admit that he is a drug addict and he did that to pay his product. He admit also it was not the first time and he target only kid dressing room, ballerinas and gymnastic dressing room or old person doing yoga!! We were shocked that he targetting us just because we are dancers!

After maybe 15 minutes, police came to take him. He was not in good shape and has trouble to breathe and to walk. Because of the fight due to police station, he has 2 broken ribs and a “black eye” on half of his face. I just have a little bruise on my face and others dancers just on their arms.

I just wanted to warn you if there is any dancers in this forum. I really hope that behaviour was due to a crazy man and not from a new “vague of crime” targetting specially dancers.

• Like 1

I am actually not surprised the ballerinas defeated the thief, ballerinas are tough, if you trained as much and as hard as they do you could probably defeat thieves and robbers without breaking a sweat.

Did we not have a discussion some time ago sparked off by a martial arts fighter taking on a boxer or something along those lines? How about ballerinas against ..........? 

Latest anime craze ...Ballerinas fight Back.

I am not being sarcastic, it is just my mind running away with silly ideas.

I am glad they managed to fight off criminals.

On 02/03/2018 at 7:14 PM, roddy said:

Do you have any recommendations for ballet schools? Is it hard to find good tuition?

It is my impression that ballet schools in China are becoming more popular as the middle class is establishing itself. I found the lessons expensive at the school I went to: 500 yuan for 90 minute one to one, and 350 yuan in a group of around 10 people, also 90 minutes. The instructors were, however, properly trained ballet teachers and former dancers.

I found this video clip from China Daily inspiring. It is a 63 year old man dancing ballet on the street and doing so on pointe. The headline says he is learning but obviously if can do pointe work, this is not the case. Nevertheless I think the image of a man this age dancing like this is something new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HVLYBCB69s

• Helpful 1

4 hours ago, Flickserve said:

Stronger than one would expect.

Also the fact that all the weight is carried on a small area on one  foot in the point shoe shows the balance skills required, where you need the hips and core. But additionally there is the requirement for grace and body lines (which are not as strict  for gymnastics or figure skaters for example). This perfection is impossible to completely achieve.