Chinese-Forums

Jobs in Shanghai for data/business analyst?

kroy123

I want to move to Shanghai to be with my gf who has been offered a position there. I'm Australian, 28/M, Bachelor of Commerce (marketing major) and ~4.5 years of professional work experience in analyst roles (mainly pricing/data analysis and reporting) and also have strong Mandarin skills. I am currently with a large international company with some operations in China though very highly doubt they would have a position in Shanghai for me if I were to ask. I am wondering about the possibilities of finding work in my field in Shanghai within international companies. Looking at https://www.glassdoor.com.au/Job/shanghai-pricing-analyst-jobs-SRCH_IL.0,8_IC2416009_KO9,24.htm?countryRedirect=true, for example, there seems to be plenty of positions. As an aside, I have travelled extensively in China before and am not concerned about the culture change, and also have healthy savings ($100k+). I am only concerned about whether I'd be able to find work in Shanghai other than teaching English. Any advice/info appreciated.

Finding a job shouldn't be an issue, If you search in Shanghai and go to meet people, 

Having good mandarin skills and working as an analyst you should be able to get a good job within a month of moving to Shanghai, 

Some of my friends have no Mandarin skills and worked as English teachers before getting good jobs in Shanghai

Best of luck

On 3/10/2018 at 11:05 AM, kroy123 said:

though very highly doubt they would have a position in Shanghai for me if I were to ask.

You'll never know if you don't ask.

Plus, if the choice is between losing you or letting you do your job in Shanghai, they might even decide to create a position for you.

• Like 1